MWGA Tournament Eligibility Policy
- All players must be a member of the Missouri Women's Golf Association with the exception of Juniors.
- All entrants, with the exception of Juniors, must have a current USGA Handicap/Index from a USGA authorized club. We strongly suggest coaches contact the USGA and form a “club” (a minimum of 10 players - See the USGA Handicap System Manual). After a club is formed, USGA Handicap/Indexes must be calculated by an authorized Handicap service. You may contact the the Missouri Golf Association, the Metropolitan Amateur Golf Association, the Kansas City Golf Association, or other commercial services such as Handicomp. Cost varies but is nominal and available. (ALSO - SEE eCLUB)
- Non-student entrants must own/rent/lease property in Missouri or Johnson County, Kansas prior to the first day of play and fulfill #1 and #2 above.
Student entrants (with the exception of Juniors) must meet the requirements in #1, #2 and #3 above, AND:
- Must attend an educational institution in Missouri or Johnson County, Kansas. (Example: If you attend Drury or Mizzou but come from California, you are eligible)
- If you attend an educational institution OUTSIDE of Missouri or Johnson County, Kansas, you are eligible, but your parent(s)/guardian(s) must own/rent/lease property in Missouri or Johnson County, Kansas, as their primary residence prior to the first day of play. (Example: Your parents own a home in St. Louis and you attend Notre Dame, you are eligible.)
The Mid Amateur Championship: A MID AMATEUR is defined as one who has reached the minimum age of 25 before the first day of play in the Mid-Amateur Championship.
The Senior Championship: A SENIOR is defined as one who has reached the age of 50 on or before the first day of the tournament.
The Junior Championship:
- The entrant's guardian(s) must own/rent/lease property as their primary residence in Missouri or Johnson Country, Kansas.
- Junior Age Limit: All girls through 17 years of age and 18 year old high school senior girls graduating by September 1.